Saturday, December 19, 2009

Has anyone heard that Pantene Shampoo can make your hair fall out?

I started using Pantene Pro-V shampoo a few months ago, and I noticed lately that I have quite a bit of hair falling coming out in the shower, and on my brush, and my clothes...It's really starting to worry me. I went to the doctor, and he said there was nothing medically wrong. But I did a little search and I found a lot of people had the same problem and they said that they found that Pantene made their hair really thin, and fall out. Anyone know if this is true, and if it is, why would they still sell a product that is pretty harmful? Any suggestions as to what other kind of shampoo I could switch to? I'm getting pretty worried here....Has anyone heard that Pantene Shampoo can make your hair fall out?
ARRRUGH ....as a National Hair Educator I lothe this question and HATE that shampoo.





Change Shampoos Immedately!!!!





Pantene coats the hair with a waxy substance drying the hair from the inside-out, over time making the hair brittle and having the hair break off near the root, , or in the midshaft not nessarally causing it to fall out. Here read on...





There are two major types of shampoos (professional and nonprofessional) and a few sub classifications.





Nonprofessional shampoos: there are two major sub classifications of this type, Stripping Shampoos and Coating Shampoos. There is no benefit from either shampoo, and in fact they will over time degrade the state of your hair...





Stripping (clarifying, dandruff) shampoos strip the hair using a detergent with a neutral pH (7) opening the hair cuticle and cleansing the inner part of the hair. The upside is they will remove product build-up, metallic and mineral residue from hard water like chlorine. The down side of this is with out something to close down the cuticle layer the hair cuticle will remain open and the hair will dry out from evaporation, thermal drying etc. over time reducing your hair to nothing more than a dried out shell. This will cause a dry feeling to the hair; making it tangle prone, and leaving the hair susceptible to breakage. Also if the detergent is strong and you exfoliate the scalp with out using something to hydrate the pours on your scalp, you can end up with oily scalp as well because your sabious glands will over produce oil in their job to keep your head conditioned.





Coating shampoos LIKE PANTENE (or two in ones) coat the hair due to a waxy type of substance within the shampoo the coats and seals the cuticle layer from the inside out. The upside is immediate, resulting in fuller feeling, shiner hair. This is only a short-term fix. The down side is than your hair would then be sealed with a non-water soluble solution that builds up not allowing your hair to breathe and hydrate causing your hair to dry out from not receiving any nutrients and will over time reduce your hair to nothing more than a dried out shell covered in wax.





You should use...


Professional shampoos: I have found three types of these shampoo sub-classifications, Good, Better, and the Best. Depending on the date they were originally formulated and the technology used in the creation of the shampoo without using names it simply stands to reason, if a shampoo was formulated in the 60鈥檚 or 70鈥檚 vs. a shampoo formulated in the 80鈥檚 or 90鈥檚 the newer shampoos would stand a better chance of being technology current. Research into any of these is a good idea, ask your local stylist about what shampoos may be right for you鈥?br>




Hope that Helps...


Geno@StylistFind.com





and as far as HLA's comments go, she hasn't a clue what she's talking about when it comes to this product, she's blaming a beauty salon for pushing professional products, that didn't work for her specifally? (sorry HLA that you went to a bad hair salon that did that)





but the truth is taking vitians and drinking more water is always a good idea but it won't help your hair after it's outside your head. Newer shampoos have clear protiens ( hydrolized wheat, soy etc.) in them that feed and strenghten your hair from the inside out and will prevent the pantene induced breakage...





PS at my salon we give shampoo samples away to our clients beause we know it works.


We don't try to force a sale, we educate people.Has anyone heard that Pantene Shampoo can make your hair fall out?
my hair thinned extremely from pantene pro-v! i use mane 'n tail now and my hair is thicker then ever Report Abuse

my sista had a problem with the tressame shampoo, i use pantene pro v, my hair is ok T/W
no i didnt hear about that. thats terrible. i use suave and i dont have any problems with that shampoo.
Odd. My mother uses Pantene and she's got beautiful, thick hair. Could it be an allergic reaction? I use Suave and I love my hair, except that it is way too thick to do my favorite styles!
I have not heard this. When I was going though a high stress time in my life I lost clumps of hair. Also are you eating health?
I haven't heard of hair falling out, but I have heard that it really dries out the scalp. I would switch to a clarifying shampoo just to be sure. Neutrogena and Paul Mitchell make good ones, and be sure to condition.
I've never heard that. I've used Pantene for a long time and my hair is still really thick...REALLY thick. I have like, REALLY thick hair.
Well,yes, I have heard, from the lady of the saloon that pantene has some rough ingredients on the scalp, that cause itch and dryness.(I felt them as well)





I'd say finesse, suave or dove would work fine...
My mom has been using it for years and her hair is fine. Look...as long as you are getting the right type of shampoo and conditioner for your hair, your hair will be in good condition. It's much like your face. If you have an oily face you are not going to get a product meant for dry skin, are you? So maybe you don't have the right type of shampoo or conditioner for your hair and the problem is really lying in your health and eating habits. I've also used Pantene in the past and it made my hair much healthier than when I would use Salon products that were meant for my hair type.





In all honesty...I think it's retarded when people blame a brand of hair products for their problem instead of blaming their diet...no offense. This is also something a lot of hair salons will tell you, that Pantene is bad. But then they say ';You REALLY need this product from me instead';. I'll give you an example, but it doesn't apply to hair. The brand of auto's, Lexus...auto-mechanics hate them. But why? Because they're really good and usually have no problems, but look at their price. Therefore it's not business for them so they're not profitting from it (my dad used to work in the business). It's the same with Pantene. Beauticians hate it because it does it's job and they're not making a profit from it. As most, if not all of the ridicule you hear about Pantene is coming from a hair salon source. I used to work in a hair salon and I know the garbage they try to sell you that says it works, but really doesn't.





Try taking a multi-vitamin and drinking more water, then see if your problem clears up...
Omg yes this was also happening to me! Never used it again...then I started using Bella shampoo from yuko systems it works really good brings out the beauty in hair, they also have conditioner treatments that work great!
This is not scientific. Hair loss can not be caused by the shampoo you use. If you read the label and learn about the ingrediences in shampoos you will see there is little difference in the shampoos and that the active cleaning agents are the same thing. Hair loss is caused by heridity, not by shampoo.
I have never heard that it makes your hair fall out, but when I was in beauty school, they said it was one of the worst products to use.
I go back and forth between Pantene for curly hair and Herbal Essence and I lose a lot of hair but that is something that has occured my entire life. I have thick, long, dark hair so it just is more noticable when it comes out in the shower and on my brush... it's normal to loose hair everyday and if you have hair like mine it will just seem like more than it actually is. Pantene Pro-V has never made my hair thin out. Perhaps you need to switch your shampoos here and there, it seems to keep your hair healthier if you swap back and forth so your hair gets something different.


Have you started wearing your hair in a pony tail more than usual or eating differently, wearing your hair in a pony tail too often can thin it out and a lack of nutrients can also do that.
I have heard that Pantene has a couple of ingredients that actually coat the hair thus contributing to unhealthy hair with use over a prolonged period...





Ive heard that Garnier Fructis (Long%26amp;Strong) is good not to mention Nexxus or Paul Mitchell.





Sounds like you need some Deep Conditioning to help with the hair loss..





Look at the hair is their a bulb at the root? If so this means your hair is shedding which is natural.





If there isnt a bulb this means your hair is breaking. Make sure to use moisturizing shampoo if your hair is dyed and make sure to incorporate protein sometimes. A good leave in would help also.
It has happened to me %26amp; a-lot of people I know as far as how come they can sell it I guess it doesn't happen to everyone or they don't care. If you want quality hair products go to your local salon, they sell them there.
No, I have heard that if you say ';bloody Mary'; 10 times in front of a mirror you'll disappear...

No comments:

Post a Comment